YOU NEED TO PAY A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION TO YOURSELF EVERY YEAR
Because one of the effects of ageing is to reduce resilience, or the ability to cope with challenges and because one of the principal challenges we face in the modern world is inactivity it is essential to take more exercise every year and your birthday is a good reminder that the time has come to do another 30 seconds stretching or another two minutes brisk walking every day.
You also need to signal to your nearest and dearest that you don't want
- a new cardi or shawl
- a new pair of tartan slippers
- a huge box of choccies
But you would like one, or more, of the following
- a pair of Nordic walking poles or
- a new pair of trainers ( you will have to say sneakers to your children!)
- a course in Tai Chi or Pilates or Yoga or the Alexander Technique that you have not tried before
- four visits to a dental hygienist
- a physiotherapy assessment
- a visor to a podiatrist
- a virtual reality cycling kit or
- a treadmill and a virtual walking kit
Sod Sitting, Get Moving!
Sod It, eat Well!